Expose ~ Engage ~ Empower
Who, What & Why
We—Barb and Mike Haigwood—consult with anyone who would like to make a difference in the world. From homeowners looking to create a more nutrient-dense food supply for themselves, to farmers and land owners who want to ensure their land will be healthy for generations to come, and parents who want to free their children’s imagination and get their children involved in their own learning. We draw on our life experiences and skills and use the three ethics of permaculture: care of land, care of people and return of surplus. Read our full bio.
Feedback from a Client
"Real Life Consulting has been essential for us as we look to transition from urban professional life to sustainable farming. The team has been available at any time, providing us answers to key questions on farming approach, economic insights and perspectives, and how to actually approach this new lifestyle. Even more valuable has been the ideas RLC has inspired without being asked; drawing from their decades of experience, they patiently identified vital opportunities and liabilities we never would have expected to experience without them. Simply put, we're on our path, securely and sustainably, thanks to RLC." -Patrick S. Maryland
Consulting Info Summary
We have acquired many tools on our journey, which help us to look at all options and evaluate them to come up with unique solutions. We want to teach you how to do the same. To learn more about Barb and Mike Haigwood (Click Here)
- It is helpful before contacting us to think about what you want to accomplish with a consultation, write it down.
- Then send us an email at RealLifeConsulting@hotmail.com to set up your first consult.
- The first 30 minutes is our gift to you, to evaluate your needs.
- Fees are on a sliding scale of $50 - $200 per hour depending on the situation.
- We are located in Maryland serving the DC metro area and the United States, also anywhere by phone or skype. We ask that you pay for any travel expense. We will discuss this before finalizing.
- If you would like to set up a Workshop, Talk and/or Course email us.
- Permaculture design priced per project
We are currently working with Mary's Land Farm near Clarksville, MD. We are currently booked for large consults. We can help with smaller hour and day consults. We are currently looking for a chore person, egg washer and general handyman for wide range projects on the Mary's Land Farm. Please contact us through this website or at Mary.farm
You can apply by stopping by the farm or sending your info to email@example.com
Your email address is kept private and we do not share your information.
Our Video Editor, Photographer and Videographer is Aleesha Haigwood - www.OpenMindedExploration.com